Saturday, April 28, 2012

How I Lost 80 Pounds In A Year



master cleanse

Obesity can definitely have an adverse effect on a person's self-confidence and how he interacts with people - I would know, I was suffered from obesity myself. I was already fat during my college days, but I started gaining a lot of weight and eventually became morbidly obese years after completing my college education.

I was under tremendous stress during my first employment and in order to cope with it, I ate a lot. That time, I preferred eating in fast food diners or bought takeaway food so as not to waste a lot of time. Naturally, these poor food choices resulted to weight gain. In addition to that, life outside of work was pretty much sedentary, and I was not at all motivated to work out.

When you're fat, people ogle at you, sadly, for the wrong reasons. I was constantly teased, and some of the jokes, especially those that come from peers, can be very hurting. Eventually, I just got tired of being made fun of, so I started dieting and working out. True, losing weight was not easy, but doable just the same. It's been a year since I started dieting and working out, and I have lost a total of 80 lbs.

I have given many weight loss products and strategies a try. For one, I experimented with abrupt and drastic dieting and using diet pills. Even though I was able to shed some pounds through these strategies, I felt a whole lot worse than before I used them. I dealt with a number of side effects, the most harrowing of which were irregular heart rhythms. At the same time, I quickly regained the weight I have lost when I stopped both regimens.

Seeing that crash diets and slimming pills don't work, I decided dieting and exercise would be the way to go. I reduced my intake by 500 to 1,000 calories a day which helped me lose 1-2 lbs per week. I also introduced more fresh produce into my diet. To add some variety, I sometimes drink my fruits and veggies by making them into juices. There are plenty of repositories of juicing recipes online. There are also books devoted entirely on juicing recipes you can buy. I made the effort to eat more home-prepared meals rather than gorging on fast food takeaway. To increase my physical activity, I do resistance training on two or more days of the week, and spend at least five hours per week for aerobic exercise.

I also tried the master cleanse which is a detoxification program that involves a modified juice fast. This practice involved taking herbal tea in the morning, followed by six to twelve lemonade drinks which contain maple syrup and cayenne pepper throughout the day. I perform the Master Cleanse 10 days at a time, at least two to three times a year, with at least three to four months in between. With this program, I was able to lower my blood cholesterol levels, and increase my energy levels as well.

Hash: VonDertiouh-TaslsadrakfdsYfds



No comments:

Post a Comment